This job is specific to any Federal employee that has been furloughed due to the partial government shutdown. No other applicants will be considered.
Puryear IT has opened a part-time position to one qualified individual. You must live within the Greater Baton Rouge area and you will be expected to work onsite at our office in mid-city Baton Rouge.
We are crystal clear that you will need to return to your primary job once the furlough is over -- and that's okay. Just say bye to our team! :)
At Puryear IT, Our Core Purpose is to help people be great at what they do and to accomplish that Our Niche is to manage networks, optimize business processes, and provide comprehensive employee training to help our clients excel. Our Market are companies with 10 to 250 employees within 60 miles of Baton Rouge.
We are seeking a professional to join our team during the furlough and help us achieve our goals. The successful candidate will have demonstrated skills in finding smart solutions to tricky problems.
Since this is not a typical job posting for us, we're open to ideas! Areas of opportunity for us as an organization:
- Develop a more scalable documentation system.
- We have an active project to move to a new chart of accounts and billing process.
- We are actively growing our Training Division. We are able to provide up to $3000/yr per employee in training funds for free to our clients -- perhaps you have experience in sales or building processes around managed training?
- Are you a trainer? Our Training Division offers application classes such as Microsoft Excel, Using Macs, Using Google Apps for Business, and more to professional development classes such as Project Management, Customer Service, and Leadership Skills. Are you a certified trainer?
- We are building out our Learning Managed System (LMS) that we use to track training for our clients -- open to better ways of configuring and utilizing the LMS.
- We utilize KnowBe4 for email cybersecurity training -- could use optimization experience.
- Setup audit and control processes around expense management, billing, and accounting systems.
- We utilize the Sea-Level Ops model for our Managed IT Service -- are you a rock-star service dispatcher?
- ... and more
Pitch us your idea in your cover letter!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A basic understanding of computer networks and business technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, positive attitude and a high energy level.
Who we are:
- A strong and growing organization that has been in business since 2002
- A team that works together to determine the best solution for our clients
- A team that strives to deliver value to our clients
This is a part-time position. Wage is based on experience and the department/project you will be working.